Convert currencies using data from Yahoo! Financial.
A simple Plasmoid created using PyQt and PyKDE4.
- Select to and/or from the dropdown list and the converted amount will be updated.
- Change the amount to be converted and TAB or click outside the Amount field
and the result will be updated.
- Selected currencies and amount is saved between sessions.
- Refreshing selected convertion when no activity for a user defined period of time.
- Current/last conversion result is shown in the tool tip when docked in the panel.
Install the Plasmoid:
plasmapkg -i ./currency-converter.plasmoid
Update the Plasmoid:
plasmapkg -u ./currency-converter.plasmoid
or add it from "Add Widgets"=>"Install New Widgets"=>"Download New Plasma Widgets"
- Translations. Currently only Danish translations.
- Check version upgrade process: Is the config persistent?
- Credits label link doesn't launch web site.
- Dates aren't localized.
- Send notifications instead of showMessage.
- Better error detection on web service query.
- Create a Currency Converter Data Engine.
- Connect/emit settingsChanged in Settings.
- Show the most used currencies at top of list.
IDEAS (comments are welcome):
- Monitor currencies and notify on (...)
- Offer other services than Yahoo! Finance.
3 years ago
- Use QDoubleValidator instead of KDoubleValidator which has been removed from pykde.
- The Plasmoid now finally docks in the panel using Plasma.PopupApplet.
- New icon! (cut'n'paste from other icons - hmmm).
- Only import required parts of the used modules. The functionalities such
as System Notifications and Network monitoring are now separate classes
which makes them reusable in my other Plasmoids.
- Fail gracefully on wrong KDE SC version.
- Fix for not detecting network on some distributions.
- Current/last conversion result is now shown in the tool tip when docked in the panel.
- Removed collapse/expand because it didn't work properly and current result can be seen in tooltip.
- Added context menu for updating current conversion.
- Added configuration for refresh/update interval.
- Improved KIO handling.
- Notification on network errors.
- Much improved error handling when no network connection using Solid. The Plasmoid
is now disabled until a connection is established instead of just giving up and dying ;-)
- Now using the KDE Currency classes (Only works from KDE SC 4.4.4).
- Showing Currency name first instead of currency code to make the easier to find in the list.
Changelog for earlier versions at https://github.com/tanghus/currency-converter-plasmoid/blob/master/Changelog
NOTE: If the download link doesn't work here's a direct link: https://github.com/tanghus/currency-converter-plasmoid/releases/download/v0.6.1/currency-converter-0.6.1.plasmoid