This is an extremely simple plasmoid written in python. It fetches weather information from google.com. It lets you configure the location and unit of the weather information.
Please feel free to send me bug reports and / or suggestions for improvement.
$ plasmapkg -i plasma_pyweather.plasmoid
I used the weather icons from here.
So, the credit goes to the original artist, painkiller10.
Note: I have implemented only for certain number of weather conditions, if you see a question mark image as weather conditions, please let me know, which condition it is and I will add the image for it.
6 years ago
For version: 1.7
- Fixed a typo
- Now doesn't crash when running without internet
For version: 1.6
- Fixed the bug with wrong calculation of Imperial units
- Changed the name of the images from *.svgz to *.svg, because the new KDE - 4.4 stupidly considered all *.svgz files as gzip file and showed no images
For Version: 1.5
Changed the names of the units from US t Imperial and SI to Metric to be technically correct.
WARNING: If you already have an old config, you will get N/A for all temperatures until you select the proper unit system from the settings.
For Version 1.4:
Raffaele kindly submitted a patch for the bug fix. I didn't even know about the bug as it appears only for certain cities. Now the plasmoid can deal with incorrect format of wind condition.
For version 1.3
- Fixed the bug in Kubuntu. Now it is possible to save settings.
- Added new conditions for overcast, smoky and snow
for version 1.2
- Bug Fix:
Although, I could not reproduce the bug reported by many, about th configuration, I hope to have fixed it.
For version 1.1
- Bug Fix:
Now, the parameters are url-encoded to allow city names with spaces, thanks to Virginia Brassesco for pointing out the bug.