A little box that handle devices links.
To add one, just drag and drop a file created for a device (DVD, floppy,...) on the box. It could be a .desktop file or something else.
You can then use the wheel mouse to scroll between the devices or the arrows (you can display or hide them through configuration menu)
If the device is not mounted, a click mount it and open a konqueror window in it.
You can also through a popup menu (middle click or click on the menu button) mount or unmount it.
The icon changes depending on the state of the device.
As my desktop contains nearly only devices links (and as these links are not so often used), it is usefull to save some space.
I hope someone else will also find it util ;)
12 years ago
- Handle files with a space in the name
- The file name of the desktop file can be changed through the properties dialog
- Accepts all files (not only *.desktop ones)
- Support localization (only english and french for the moment). The language should be auto-detected.
- Icons for popup menu items
- Configuration options to display scroll buttons and a menu button.
- When a device is not mounted, an option in the popup is for mounting it.
12/03/2004 (0.2): Added a popupmenu when middle-clicking on icon. It contains:
- Properties: Edit the .desktop file
- Delete: Remove the device
- Unmount: Appears only if the device is mounted
If user click on an already mounted device, it opens now another Konqueror window and do not unmount the device.