This plasmoid for KDE 4.3 is based on my TextLaunch application launcher, but instead of launching applications it plays audio streams. It can also play audio files, compact discs, or any other media source phonon can handle.
I wrote this because I don't have a massive collection of mp3 files, I don't have an iPod to manage, and I just generally don't need 9/10 of what a big audio player like Amarok does. I listen to about 5-6 audio streams, sometimes while sleeping, and I wanted something that would let me switch streams or turn them off quickly and without a lot of clicking around (since I'm sometimes half asleep when I do it).
You may find novel uses for it, like a sound board or jukebox application. Feel free to request features, but let's not make this too bloated.
- WARNING: Upgrading from older versions WILL cause breakage. You'll need to remove and re-add the plugin after upgrade. Sorry, I can't help this unfortunately.
- The plugin initially wrought havoc with my audio, until I set my music output from ALSA to PulseAudio. YMMV, you know how audio can be.
- Optional Transport control (Pause/FF/Rew) for playlists and CD.
- Drag + Drop? I'll have to think about this one.
If you want to contribute, get the code from github:
6 years ago
Version 0.4.1 Mar 28 2010
- Tooltips remain up while the button is hovered
Version 0.4 Mar 15 2010
- Volume setting saved between sessions
- Tooltips display metadata (Artist, album, etc) on active button
Version 0.3 Mar 13 2010
**WARNING: Breaks previous configs. Sorry!**
- Added option to use icons
- Buttons appear "down" when active
- Export your launcher settings to a text file for backup (since configs might break again)
- Optional volume slider with tooltip
- Fixes to appearance dialog, bugs in display.
- Initial Release