This is an attempt at optimizing desktop-space and reducing user-stress by letting the user concentrate on the top of the screen only.
1. merging almost all the information content of the Panel on the top of the screen
2. using Mac-like menus which are allowed to cover only a third of the screen size but can cover 2 lines of text.
3. maximizing windows without their border. Thanks to the Taskbar at the top-middle, the user doesn't loose much of the information contained in the window title.
- kdesktop button on the left
- Desktop Access button on the right, close to the Pager and kompose.
- kooldock at the bottom to start favorite apps only.
- universal bar on the left (auto hidden ;-))
- kuake at the bottom (minimzed here)
Screenshot 2 shows kmail maximized and the taskbar at the bottom of the screen
Screenshot 3 shows kate maximized with windows borders, kicker and the top window frame integrating more or less good with each other.