PicoNet is a simple network traffic display with bars, graphs and text for IN and OUT traffic.
It is small enough to fit in your KDE 4.1 panel.
I wrote this because the lack of network monitors for KDE 4.1 panels.
Not supposed to be very stable. Fell free to update and improve it.
- KDE 4.1
- Go to "Add Widgets..." on Desktop or Panel
- Click "Install New Widgets" button
- Select "Install From File..." option from the drop down menu
- Select "SuperKaramba: Karamba Desktop Theme" option in the popup screen, then click "Next"
- Point to "PicoNet.skz" file you've just downloaded and then click "Finish"
- Add "PicoNet" to your Desktop or Panel and have fun!
Important: PicoNet only check for "eth0" traffic.
If you want to see other network interface data, please extract the package with ZIP application and edit "piconet.theme" file inside it.
PicoNet is based on TDE, wrote by Chip2003.
All credits for the sensor, bars, graphics and text codes goes to him. I just changed some parameters and removed unecessary contents.