--RPM of TuxSaver for Mandrake--
--Debian Package of TuxSaver--
You can see Tux living on a tropical island or on an iceberg. Choose your favorite island in the setupdialogbox !
Watch Tux being kidnapped by aliens.
Watch Tux in a submarine.
New Stories and New Objects including sounds!
TuxSaver is a 3D KDE screensaver.
It requires OpenGL and KDE 3.x.
The source is also available at kdelook !!!
Don't watch this screensaver too long, you might get seasick ! :-)
Send me an email If you would like to draw new object in ac3d, make/change stories or add sounds. (see howto in setupdialogbox for more info, it's not very difficult)
groeten uit Vlaanderen, (greetings from Flanders) :-)
12 years ago
- ported to automake-1.7, autoconf-2.5x and kdevelop-3.x
- major bugfix (thanks to Matthew Tang for the bugreport)
- translation to Dutch
- translation to French (thanks to Gï¿½rard Delafond)
- added support for loadable islands
- added a tropical island
- added a iceberg with an iglo
- fixed sound bug with small ogg files
- added new story with I LOVE KDE sign
- redesigned setup dialog box
- converted sound from wav to ogg.
- updated howto (thanks to toon muylkens)
- added texturesupport for loadable objects
- added new stories and objects which use textures.
- added a THX-like story using the KDE-logo
- bugfix in textureloader which makes tuxsaver rendering 2 to 3 times as fast !!!
- runtime objectloader which means it is a lot more easy to add new objects using ac3d
- bugfixes in objectloader.
- a lot of new stories using new objects and sounds
-Tux has 9 different hats now. You can choose his hat in the setupdialogbox, or let TuxSaver choose one randomly.
-You can let tuxsaver stop rendering and just blanking the screen after a few minutes. This is aspecially usefull for laptops where the processorpowerhungry TuxSaver shouldn't run all day.
-TuxSaver Story HowTo to create your own TuxSaver stories.
-better random story chooser.
-added a TuxSaver icon.
-TuxSaver should look a lot better on ATI radeon boards now.
-sounds, including a background ocean sound (this can be disabled in the setupdialogbox)
-a brand new setupdialogbox where you can change the height of the waves, the transparancy of the waves,...
-two new stories
-bugfix: Better looking on ATI-videoboards
-bugfix: the icon in the screensaverlist does not disapear anymore after a update-menus.
-lots of other bugfixes and clean ups
-tux has sunglasses
-tux can open his mouth
-some extra stories which use the sunglasses and 'openmouth' functionality
-source release at kdelook.org
-waves in the sea
-the iceberg moves along with the waves
-better follow functions
-higher framerates by the use of OpenGL Display Lists (object get prebuilded on the 3d hardware)
-some new stories