XNP (XChat Now Playing for Amarok 1.4) is a script that displays info about the currently playing track in Amarok and the audio collection. It is highly configurable through many commands and has a graphical menus interface.
- the standard command displays the track's title, artist, album, year, track number, length, bitrate and size
- it has the possibility to customise which fields are displayed and which not
- it features a command to show the now playing status in a minimal format (Artist - Track)
- it features the possibility to echo in the current window all the information without sending it to a channel/query
- it provides a system through which you can control Amarok from within XChat by using either commands or the XNP menu
- the script uses the DCOP interface to communicate with Amarok
- How-To and FAQ included
- the script supports Amarok 1.4 (no Amarok 2.0 support yet)
Use it only on channels where announcing is allowed.