deKorator is a themable window decorator for KDE SC 4.x.
You can find over 160 deKorator themes here: http://www.kde-look.org/index.php?xcontentmode=21. Additionally, many KDE 3.2+ theme packages include deKorator themes.
The Copyright holder is the original author (Moty Rahamim), I ported it to KDE4, as is allowed per GPL 2+ license. For his KDE3 version, see http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php/deKorator?content=31447.
Please use the "Report Bug" help menu item to report bugs and wishes for future versions.
* To install a theme, the file must be named "NAME-theme.tar.gz" and contain "deco", "buttons", and "masks" directories inside the "NAME-theme" directory. deKorator 0.5 no longer offers a "Paths" tab to set theme paths individually. If a theme does not install, please report this to the author of the theme..
* I do no longer provide binary packages, most distributions already ship deKorator. Ask them to update.
* To install from source, you need cmake, kdebase-workspace-dev, and libqimageblitz-dev (or similary named). Additionally, you must have the KDE 4 binaries in your path. Use
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=`kde4-config --prefix`
sudo make install[/color]
* deKorator is developed in KDE's git repository, see https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/artwork/dekorator
* First screenshot:
- Window decoration: Azenis
- Widget style: Oxygen
- Color scheme: Obsidian coast
- Wallpaper: Air (KDE 4.2)
* Second screenshot:
- Window decoration: Aero-Glass
- Widget style: QtCurve
- Color scheme: modified to give the impression of transparence :)
- Wallpaper: Fields of Peace
* Third screenshot:
- Window decoration: Meno
- Window buttons: Clearlook
- Widget style: Plastique
- Panel theme: Atelier
- Wallpaper: Stonewall2 Pattern
7 years ago
See visual ChangeLog at http://kdepepo.wordpress.com/2010/04/01/improved-window-themes-with-dekorator-0-5/
* added support for separate "inactive" images
* removed "hand" cursor over buttons
* fixed resize region with small borders
* fixed possible crash in "No Border" mode
* fixed images cropped instead of scaled
* fixed shaded windows with masks
* fixed "StickyDownPress" image used instead of "StickyPress"
* fixed partial transparency on button backgrounds
* improved detection of manually installed themes
* added KNewStuff support
* added option to hide frame on maximized windows
* added previews in theme list
* simplified theme handling