Darkine - A dark theme for KDE Plasma.
This is a dynamic and highly customizable theme build from scratch with QtQuick 2.
This is compatible with and without KDE Plasma and not depend of KDE Framework.
You'll be able to get the full theme collection here : Darkine collection.
Darkine collection contain :
- Plasma - Look-and-Feel
- Plasma - Desktop Theme
- Plasma - Color Scheme
- Aurorae Theme (Classic and Mac/Sweet style)
- Kvantum Theme
- SDDM Theme (build from scratch with QtQuick2, without KDE dependencies).
- Firefox Quantum theme at addons.mozilla.org.
※ SDDM Theme Features :
- Pure cross platform Qt-Quick 2.7+.
- Multiples layouts (minimized, icon, tiny, half, fullscreen).
- Menu is dynamic and can be moved between the different positions with the mouse.
- Menu support left and right screen sides (mirrored).
- User list page with avatars.
- Login page via typing username.
- Session dropdown menu. (KDE Plasma, Gnome, Lxde...).
- Keyboard layout dropdown menu (English, French, Spanish...).
- Password textfield has a clean and a reveal button.
- Username textfield has a clean button.
- Keyboard navigation.
- Compatible with Qt Virtual Keyboard.
- Qt Virtual Keyboard is movable.
- Compatible with KDE Plasma battery widget.
- Multilingual (with the SDDM component).
- Support multi screen: Theme can be enable/visible on all screen or only on the primary screen.
- Clock / Date.
- The background / wallpaper support picture and color.
- Wallpaper Blur effect (on/off & intensity).
- System buttons are configurable (ex: enable-disable suspend, reboot, shutdown.. buttons).
- Extremely configurable without need to edit .qml files : theme.conf (example).
- Compatible with KDE Plasma config interface (sddm-kcm).
※ Installation :
› KDE Plasma :
System Settings › Startup and Shutdown › Login Screen (SDDM) › Get New Theme
To access this setting the
sddm-kcmpackage has to be installed. If in doubt use your package manager to search and if necessary install sddm-kcm first.
The background can be changed to anything you want on the right hand side in
System Settings › Startup and Shutdown › Login Screen (SDDM)
Select the large green button next to
› Others environments / manual install :
Download the tar archive from openDesktop and extract the content to the theme directory of SDDM :
sudo tar -xzvf ~/Downloads/sddm-THEMENAME.tar.gz -C /usr/share/sddm/themes
This will extract all the files to a new folder "THEMENAME" inside of the themes directory of SDDM.
After that you will have to point SDDM to the new theme by editing its config files :
Current=THEMENAME. For a more detailed description please refer to the Arch Wiki.
Note that, depending on your system setup, a duplicate configuration may exist in
/etc/sddm.conf. Usually this takes preference so you want to set the above line in this file if you have it.
› Dependencies :
* On KDE Plasma, you normally have nothing more to install, but if one dependency is not present on other environments here are those used :
› Debian / Ubuntu :
# for Ubuntu : add-apt-repository universe
apt-get install qml-module-qtquick-layouts qml-module-qtquick-controls2 qml-module-qtquick-templates2 qml-module-qtgraphicaleffects
› Arch :
pacman -S qt5-quickcontrols2 qt5-graphicaleffects qt5-svg
※ Configuration and customisation :
Theme is is highly customizable through its config file : theme.conf (example).
You can easy choose the default interface view, show or hide buttons (shutdown, reboot, suspend, switch user...), move elements positions...
The full style can be modified with the config file only :
- Modify Screensaver timer.
- Enable or not the theme only on the primary display screen.
- Select round or rectangle user icons.
- Modify sizes, borders, colors and opacity of each elements (menu, background, textbox, buttons, combobox..).
- Modify texts format, fonts and colors.
- The differents "status" of each elements is supported : normal, hover, pressed, focus.
- All colors can use alpha value "#AARRGGBB".
* Testing (Previewing) a Theme : You can preview an SDDM theme if needed without logging out with :
sddm-greeter --test-mode --theme /usr/share/sddm/themes/THEMENAME
※ Help :
For more informations : GitHub project.
(Please report bugs and feature requests on GitHub).
› Tested on :
⁍ Debian Stretch (stable 9.8) LiveCD - Qt 5.7 (Gnome desktop + sddm install).
⁍ Ubuntu 18.04 (Bionic Beaver) LiveCD - Qt 5.9 (Gnome desktop + sddm install).
⁍ Kubuntu 18.10 (Cosmic) LiveCD - Qt 5.11 (KDE Plasma desktop).
⁍ Kubuntu 19.04 (Disco Dingo) LiveCD - Qt 5.12 (KDE Plasma desktop).
⁍ OpenSUSE Tumbleweed LiveCD - Qt 5.12 (KDE Plasma desktop).
⁍ Arch Linux - Qt 5.12 (KDE Plasma desktop).
› Licence :
⁍ Source code of is licensed under GNU GPL version 3.
⁍ QML files are MIT licensed and images are CC BY 3.0.
› Credit :
⁍ KDE Plasma : Breeze icons (GitHub and GitHub).
※ Motivate a developer :
Please share some love and pling this theme if you're a supporter or up vote if you like this theme !
You can become a supporter of opendesktop and the people who create content for your linux desktop for a one time donation for a full year. Your donation will help and encourage a lot of people to create new decorations, icons, themes and keep them maintained.