1) Download the companion script
$ cd /usr/local/bin
$ sudo wget rafaelc.org/convert-video
$ sudo chmod +x convert-video
You can also place it in your ~/bin or ~/.local/bin. It just needs to be in PATH and be executable.
2) Install ffmpeg
Arch: sudo pacman -S ffmpeg
Ubuntu/Debian: sudo apt install ffmpeg
3) (Optional) Install kdialog for error messages
Arch: sudo pacman -S kdialog
Ubuntu/Debian: sudo apt install kdialog
This service converts videos with some presets that are particularly useful for me.
I hope this is also helpful for someone else.
- Remove audio
- Concatenate 2+ videos.
- Convert any video to MP4
- Convert to 480p or 360p (useful for getting smaller files for IM)
- Convert all WebM videos in a folder to MP4
- Converts multiple videos at once (just select them)
- Output files are named accordingly
BUY ME A COFFEE
If you find my work useful, consider buying me a coffee ☕ https://buymeacoff.ee/rafaelc
You can help me translate the menu entries to other languages.
Just send me a pull request at rafaelc.org/ksm