Source (required if based on other people's work): https://github.com/Zren/plasma-applet-eventcalendar
v48+ require Plasma 5.6 (Kubuntu 16.10 and later)
v47 supports Plasma 5.5 (Kubuntu 16.04)
An extended calendar with daily weather forecasts and events from Google Calendar. Also includes a timer and 24 hour forecast graph.
Based on the Event Flow Calendar for android. Combines code from weather-widget, volume control from mediacontrolscompact, and the default calendar + timer plasmoids.
* Google Calendar Agenda
* Timer (8 preset durations / Scroll over the time left to adjust for other durations)
* Double click a day in the calendar to open the new event template in the browser.
* Clicking a day in the agenda opens a quick form for creating an event.
* Clicking an event in the agenda opens the event in the browser.
* Scrolling over the clock controls the volume.
* Full height single column layout (https://streamable.com/88ct)
Arch / Chakra: pacman -S plasma5-applets-eventcalendar
Translations: French, German, Portuguese Brazilian, Russian, Spanish, Ukrainian
Translators: Fill out https://github.com/Zren/plasma-applet-eventcalendar/blob/master/package/translate/template.pot, paste into https://www.hastebin.com/, click save, and comment with the link.
v61 - September 13 2018 1 month ago
* Show the event description and hangout link.
v61 - September 13 2018 1 month ago
* Show the event description and hangout link.
v60 - September 5 2018 1 month ago
* Fix "D" in date formatting with Dutch translations.
* Add ability to change first day of the week without changing the System locale/formats (Issue #32).
* Add Polish translations by @jstarzyk (PR #34).
* Fix "Astrological Events" duration formatting (Issue #25).
* Fix one of the Date presets in the config showing up blank.
v59 - August 1 2018 2 months ago
* Fix OpenWeatherMap city selector dialog.
* Updated Dutch translation by @Vistaus.
v58 - June 26 2018 3 months ago
* Add ability to set a custom timer via right clicking the timer > "Set Timer".
* Fix regression where the "event update interval" was not saving.
* Make sure we translate *.js files too.
v57 - June 18 2018 4 months ago
* Always keep current agenda date/weather in view when scrolling.
* Show a error message when we couldn't connect to google cal server. When generating a user code to login.
* Various refactoring.
* Add Greek translations by @linxtone.
* Add Dutch translations by @Vistaus.
v56 - May 12 2018 5 months ago
* Fix KHolidays/PIM events showing up a day early when in a timezone before GMT (eg: +01:00).
* Use "day month, year" for calendar title in russian translations.
v55 - March 21 2018 6 months ago
* Fix KHolidays/PIM events not appearing when viewing other months
* Filter duplicates caused by multi-day events in Plasma plugins (KHolidays/PIM).
* Use PIM event colors.
v54 - March 16 2018 7 months ago
* Refactor event badges so that we don't create+bind every style.
* Don't generate calendar tooltip text until hovered over.
* Make sure agenda follows system settings font size.
* Support custom font size in the agenda.
* Update github install and add git master testing instructions.
* Copy the fixed width code from digitalclock. Modified to work with event calendar's ability to use Rich Text formatting.
* Support Plasma's event plugin (KHolidays is enabled by default but you still need to select your region in the config).
* Russian translations by @aliger14.
v53 - Febuary 2 2018 8 months ago
* Fix scrolling to current date after all events have loaded.
* Recently, google has updated the google calendar website to a material design, editing an event in the browser would link to the month view instead of the full editor. I've changed the link opened so it's now opening the full event editor.
* Refactored code to draw all event on loading them instead of a slight lag when scrolling when it tries to generate them on demand.
* Because of the refactor, the agenda now has a scrollbar.
* When fetching events, it will now wait a little bit for another calendar before redrawing everything.
* Reuse existing event placeholders instead of deleting them all and generating new ones. This alleviates some of the memory creep (but not all).
* Fix weather column cells not resizing when too small.
* Merge fr translations by @Amathadius.
* Rename the translation folder.
v52 - January 12 2018 9 months ago
* Move widget to it's own github repo (https://github.com/Zren/plasma-applet-eventcalendar).
* Show starting date for multi-day events already in progress.
* Support more than 250 events in a single month in a calendar.
* Some minor refactoring / code cleanup.
v51 - November 20 2017 11 months ago
* Ukrainian translations by cappelikan.
* Add link to set language from context menu.
* Wrap the event descriptions.
* Support moving weather icon to the right side in the agenda (like Event Flow Calendar).
* Don't wrap the calendar title when the widget is small, use an elipsis (...).
* Dynamically reveal the timer preset buttons if there's enough space. Hidden presets are still available in a context menu when right clicking the timer pause button.
* Added a 20m timer preset, which will hide the 60m preset by default.
* Hide the timer toggle button labels when there isn't enough space.
v50 - October 27 2017 11 months ago
* [kde Store] Translations are now bundled without the need to manually install them (requires KDE Frameworks v57).
* Added Portuguese Brazil (pt_BR) translations by clayzanfolin.
* Added notification sound when an event starts.
* Added ability to toggle event starting notification and sound, and ability to customize which sound.
* Fix bug where locales using 24 hour clock weren't used by default.
* Support creating events for and editing Google Calendar events when you have the "writer" role (instead of "owner").
* [upstream] Persistent pin open state after relogging. https://phabricator.kde.org/D8252
v49 - September 15 2017 11 months ago
* Fix inability to logout of google calendar which got broken during earlier refactoring.<br />
* Show notification when an event is added or deleted.<br />
* Lots of refactoring needed for supporting different calendar backends.
v48 - July 7 2017 (Requires Plasma 5.6) 1 year ago
* v48+ will no longer support Kubuntu 16.04 LTS without the backports PPA (we need KDE Frameworks 5.19 as a minimum).
* Add Spanish translation by Zipristin
* Fix plasmashell crash when closing eventcalendar's config window.
* Support extra timezones in the tooltip based on digitalclock.
* The meteogram colors are now configurable.
* The in progress color in the agenda is now configurable.
v47 - June 9 2017 1 year ago
* Add German translation by frispete
* Add button in the config to simply installing translations (hopefully it works).
* Ability to set colors in the agenda/meteogram. Only available in the debugging/advanced view for now. A simpler editor will come soonish.
* Scale meteogram/agenda icons based on the DPI.
* Show clickable date in agenda for each day in selected month.
* Wait 100ms after receiving events before updating the interface. Should minimize stuttering when events are loading.
v46 - April 27 2017 1 year ago
* Add ability to set the radius of the selected date.
* Fix different sized labels (for 1-9 vs 10-31) in the calendar when the cell height is greater than the width.
* French translations by Amathadius.
v45 - April 22 2017 1 year ago
* Get rid of padding between event summary and the timestamp.
* Polish the Google calendar list in the config. Adding a refresh list button, mark which calendars are read only, and sort the list alphabetically.
* [upstream] Shrink and elide week names like is done with day delegate
v44 - April 8 2017 1 year ago
* Fix "ConfigSerializedString.qml is missing" error when installed via a package manager that downloaded from GitHub by commiting the file.
* Support event specific colors. When a specific event is assigned a color, a colorId is used rather than a hex color (#ffffff). So we package a hardcoded set of colours for now until we download the user selected colors from the API.
v43 - April 6 2017 1 year ago
* A notification is now displayed when an event is starting.
* Can now delete non-reoccuring events from the context menu.
* Prepare widget for translations (thanks Victor).
* Use same popup size as digital clock when only the calendar widget is enabled.
* A new event badge has been added which shows all the colors for that day in a line.
* Add toggle for hiding the background when used as a desktop widget.
* Close new event form with Esc
* Support kelvin/fahrenheit freezing points (below freezing the meteogram line turns blue).
* Refactor the config code. Add an advanced debugging view.
* Show calendar colours in the config.
* When the meteogram is disabled, move the timer to the top right, and have the agenda consume the entire left half of the popup.
* Fix timer overlaying the calendar when using a non-default font size.